Our Terms of Business
Kiln Dried Wood
All prices on this website are subject to change without notice. Whilst we make every effort to provide you the most accurate, up-to-date information, occasionally, one or more items on our web site may be mis-priced
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or changes in pricing information received from our suppliers, Ashburton Chimney Sweep Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price
Delivery Service Information
We offer kerbside delivery, logs are delivered on a large vehicle with a tail-lift and can be positioned into place on your property, where possible via a man operated pump truck. The pump truck will not travel over soft or loose surfaces such as grass or gravel, however we may be able to lay boards to overcome this. Excess gradients can cause health and safety issues. The pallet/crate requires a smooth flat surface for positioning. We do not offer a crane so are unable to lift over walls or hedges. For an extra cost we maybe able to offer a stacking service, contact us for details.
PLEASE NOTE – As a small business we will always work hard to overcome any delivery issues and as such can offer a number of different options to accommodate all types of properties and access. In order to avoid any delivery issues if you are unsure about any aspect of delivery please contact us prior to placing your order.
By placing your order you have confirmed you have read and understood the above as any undisclosed delivery issues maybe liable for a re-deliver charge.
- Any complaint regarding our goods, services or terms must be confirmed in writing within 10 days of receipt of invoice
- Any discounts if given are conditional on the invoice being paid in full within 30 days of the invoice date shown
- All accounts must be settled in full within 30 days of invoice date shown. If we (or a debt collection agency) have to take steps to recover overdue amounts, the customer will have to pay in full all expenses, costs and fees incurred in the process of recovery or litigation. Please note that these terms and conditions do not reflect on the integrity of our customers but are a legal requirement
- Data protection – please note that we will never give any customer information out to third parties and any email addresses given are for the sole purpose of giving the customer their certificates, invoices and sweeping reminders only
- I understand that by signing this certificate I have had the chimney/appliance swept and I have been informed of any problems arising from the sweeping process. I also agree to be contacted in the future when the chimney becomes due for re-sweeping (E&OE)
- All soot and chimney debris to be left at address. If this is not possible a cost of £5 per bag to be added
- Cancellation fee £30 plus VAT per chimney. 48 hrs notice needed to avoid this charge please.
Terms of Guarantee
- Should scaffolding or access equipment be used in the installation process it must remain in place for 7 days after installation. The Guarantee does not cover scaffolding costs so please ensure the chimney has been adequately tested for leakage prior to removal so that it can remain in place should re-lining be required.
- Eldfast is only suitable for dry operating conditions such as open and inset fires. No guarantee will be valid for stoves, boilers or similar closed fronted / sealed appliances.
- The curing process must be carried out as per the LV1 quotation or Eldfast user instructions over 3-5 consecutive days after installation. Any leakage or defects must be identified in this time frame.
- The installation must be carried out in accordance with document J of the building regulations.
- The installation must be carried out by an engineer that has been trained and certificated by Eldfast Ltd and has been re-assessed every 3 years.
- The chimney must be swept by a registered chimney sweep on an annual basis.
- A notice plate must be visible near the chimney / flue showing the installer and date of installation.
Making a claim
- In the event a claim needs to be made your installer should be contacted in the first instance to assess their installation. Should the claim be passed to Eldfast Ltd this should be done so in writing with detailed description of the issue and an invoice from your installer detailing the date of installation along with any photographic or supportive evidence should it be available.
- Eldfast Ltd retain the right to charge the going rate at the time of the claim for any visit to site including rectification works should no defect be found in the material or evidence the curing process has not been carried out be found.